Within Erasmus+ traineeships Program it is possible to do a traineeship abroad (only physical mobilities are supported! - online NOT) after graduation at a higher education institution or at certain organizations.
Traineeship abroad program for the period between 1 June 2022 and 31 October 2023.
APPLICATION DEADLINE 30 April 2022
- The traineeship period is minimum 2 months (60 days).
- The end of the traineeship must be no later than 1 year (360 days) after graduation.
Conditions - Eligibility criteria:
All students having residence permit enrolled in BA, BSc, MA, MSc or in PhD programmes, regardless of their nationality, who receive a degree at MATE are eligible to apply for a traineeship abroad after graduation.
For the traineeship after graduation, students must apply while they have active student status at MATE! Usually, it will be the last semester of their studies.
The grant can only be disbursed for the physical part of the mobility!
WHERE CAN YOU GO TO DO YOUR TRAINEESHIP?
Students must carry out their mobility activity in an Erasmus+ Program Country different from Hungary and different from your home country or your permanent address. The Erasmus+ Program Countries are currently the following:
Member States of the European Union (EU): Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom (Please, keep in mind the possible effects of Brexit!)
Non-EU Program Countries: Republic of North Macedonia, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Serbia, Turkey
The receiving organization may be in public, private, non-profit or educational sector:
- any public or private organization active in the labour market or in the fields of education, training and youth. For example:
- a public or private, a small, medium or large enterprise (including social enterprises);
- a public body at local, regional or national level; – a social partner or other representative of working life, including chambers of commerce, craft/professional associations and trade unions;
- a research institute;
- a foundation;
- a school/institute/educational centre (at any level, from pre-school to upper – secondary education, and including vocational education and adult education);
- a non-profit organization, association, NGO;
- a body providing career guidance, professional counselling and information services;
- a Program Country Higher Education Institution awarded with an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education
The following types of organizations are NOT eligible as host organizations:
- EU institutions and other EU bodies including specialized agencies (their exhaustive list is available on the website http://europa.eu/about-eu/institutions-bodies/index_en.htm)
- organizations managing EU programs (e.g. National Agencies)
HOW CAN YOU FIND A PLACE?
We recommend students to search institutions in their own scientific field or on the homepages below:
- ESPA UK
- Azia Resort&Spa, Ciprus
- ALGOOS Agency (Brochure), ALGOOS leaflet
WHO ELSE CAN HELP YOU?
It is the applicant’s responsibility to find a host institution for the traineeship, however students may ask the support of their:
- your teachers
- the Head of Department where you enrolled
HOW TO APPLY?
Students can apply for this Scholarship by submitting the following documents to their international (or exchange/outgoing) campus coordinator:
- Application Form
- EUROPASS CV
- EUROPASS Cover Letter/Motivational Letter
- Letter of Acceptance from the Company
- Transcript of Records of the last 2 semesters (from Neptun, signed and stamped by Registrar’s Office)
- Student Status Certificate (signed and stamped by Student’s Registrar’s Office) Coordinator)
- Copy of Diploma/Certificate (for Master and PhD students)
- 1 Recommendation letter by supervisor teacher
- language certificate(s), if you have one(s)
- certificate of social activity (e.g. SH mentor, ESN mentor/buddy)
- green travel: train or bus ticket, or in case of car-sharing: filled statement
30 April 2022 - ONLINE: Limesurvey + application package emailed to relevant campus coordinator (NO personal submission possible)
Selected applicants are eligible to receive a grant to partially support their traineeship. The grant may not cover all the actual expenses incurred. Students are responsible for making all their travel, accommodation and related arrangements. The amount of the grant is based on country rates as follows:
- 670 EUR/month for Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Norway, Sweden
- 670 EUR/month for Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Spain and The Netherlands
- 620 EUR/month for Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Turkey
The aim of the Erasmus+ Program to inspire to be ecologically aware and to support the sustainable solutions of the everyday life. The new program supports the eco-friendly travel, the students proving ‘green-travel’ can have 50 euros more financial assistance, moreover maximum maintenance expenses for 4 days.
GENERAL RULES OF ‘GREEN-TRAVEL’:
- Everything except flights considered as green-travel.
- The green-travel support can be given only in case of travelling between countries and one way only.
- Mode of travel has to be proved by the travel documents or the attached declaration of honour.
- The travel documentation must be preserved for later and provided upon request.
The grant will be paid in two instalments: 90% pre-financing upon the signature of the grant contract, 10% is transferred at the end of the traineeship period, depending on the receipt of all documentation and the submission of the online EU survey. All payments are processed through bank transfer in EUR. (It is recommended to open a EUR bank account if you have no one.)
If the applicant is supported by Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme at the time of application, he/she must be aware of that during the traineeship abroad after graduation students are entitled to an Erasmus grant. The financial rules and regulations of Erasmus+ scholarships are different from those of Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme.
AWARD RECIPIENT OBLIGATIONS
Students who receive this grant will fully or partially reimburse the EU grant if they do not comply with the terms of the grant contract and fail to complete the traineeship and submit the required documentation at the end of their traineeship (unless they were prevented from completing their planned activities abroad due to a case of force majeure).
EVALUATION ON THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION:
Applications will be judged by the specific institute/department committees. Criteria of the application will be set by the specific institute. Following the primary assessment of the application, the relevant institute/department may interview the candidate according to their specific criteria.
General guidelines of how applications will be judged (not in order of priority; institute/department criteria and rules can be additional):
- language proficiency;
- academic achievement/ grades;
- knowledge and practice in the particular scientific area;
- notable achievements;
- active participation in the Student Union or any other organization;
- incoming students mentoring.
According to the above, the institutes/departments make suggestions to the institute foreign affairs committee, that within their cooperative framework who would be suitable to do a traineeship abroad and the selected students are put forward for EU grants or a scholarship.
The International Relations Centre will determine the final list of successful candidates.
The Program is financed by the Erasmus+ Program.
PROCEDURE FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES
Before the Mobility (before the Grant Agreement)
- Letter of Acceptance with exact dates from the host institution or company.
- Learning Agreement for Traineeship Before the Mobility part (with your signature and your host institution supervisor's signature and stamp.) Learning Agreement Guideline.
- Please, fill in the first two worksheets (SMS + SMP and the data of the partner company) in the Bianco Excel Sheet.
- Have a Health, Injury and Liability Insurance for the exact period (from-to) of your practice. Insurance bound to credit Cards cannot be accepted (any insurance company offer can be chosen) and send it to your campus coordinator along with your application package.
- We'll send you a Certificate of Erasmus+ Grant, with this you'll have to apply for your Hungarian Residence Permit prolongation if you start your mobility after the expiry of your Hungarian residence permit. You'll also have to apply for a Visa and Residence Permit in the host country. For details you'll have to contact the Consulate of the Host Country at least two months prior to your mobility.
Please, scan them and send them to your campus coordinator as soon as possible!
Please Note! The starting date and the last day of your mobility period (from-to) has to be exactly the same on the following 5 documents: Grant Agreement, Letter of Acceptance, Learning Agreement for Traineeship, Certificate of Arrival and Certificate of Departure.
MATE will transfer 90% of your grant to the student’s bank account when starting the mobility. The remaining 10% of the grant can only be transferred to the participant after all the necessary documents have arrived and the mobility process has been duly closed.
The mobility can be maximum 5 days shorter as planned, if it is more than 5 days then students have to refund the grant by daily base as stated in the Grant Agreement.
During the mobility:
- Certificate of Arrival: This document has to contain the company name, address, e-mail address and telephone number the name of your Supervisor. It has to state the exact date of arrival of your mobility and it has to be printed on a letterhead paper with the Supervisor’s signature and company stamp.
After the mobility:
In order to have your mobility completed and get your last 10% of your ERASMUS+ grant the following documents have to be sent to your Campus Coordinator within 15 days after your mobility end date:
- Learning Agreement for Traineeship - After the Mobility part: This part of your Learning Agreement has to be filled in by your employer prior to leaving your practice and evaluate your whole work during the mobility.
- The Certificate of Departure has to be signed and stamped by your employer on a letterhead paper stating your name and the exact duration of your practice period.
- Please note that the starting date and the last day of your mobility have to be exactly the same as stated in your Learning Agreement, ERASMUS+ GRANT Agreement, the Letter of Acceptance, and the Certificate of Arrival.
- EU-Survey (this is an online questionnaire that must be sent in.) You will get the link by E-mail from Erasmus+ Participant Protal. Please also check your spam folder since the survey may land there.
- Erasmus+ Student Mobility Report This is a short informal one-page summary about your mobility saying why this practice was important for your studies / career. What could you recommend for future SH students? What kind of information would have been useful for you before starting your practice?
Please send your campus coordinator the result of the survey in a pdf file by e-mail.
Please consider that the whole application procedure is via email.
SZENT ISTVÁN CAMPUS 2100 Páter Károly u. 1.
Szilvia Papp and Beáta Farkas: erasmus-out-godollo [kukac] uni-mate.hu
BUDA CAMPUS 1118 Budapest, Villányi út 29-43.
Eszter Somogyi: Somogyi.Eszter [kukac] uni-mate.hu
GYÖNGYÖS CAMPUS 3600 Gyöngyös, Mátrai út 36.
Dóra Póka: Poka.Dora [kukac] uni-mate.hu
KAPOSVÁR CAMPUS 7400 Kaposvár, Guba Sándor u. 40.
Milán Milkovics: Milkovics.Milan [kukac] uni-mate.hu
KESZTHELY CAMPUS 8360 Keszthely, Deák Ferenc u. 16.
Adrienn Soós: Soos.Adrienn [kukac] uni-mate.hu
ALL THE NECESSARY DOWNLOADABLE DOCUMENTS
- Application Form
- EUROPASS CV
- EUROPASS Cover Letter/Motivational Letter
- Letter of Acceptance (from the Company/Enterprize/Organization/Institute)
- 1 Recommendation letter by supervisor teacher
- Learning Agreement for Traineeship (Learning Agreement Guideline)
- Bianco Excel Sheet
- Certificate of Arrival
- Certificate of Departure
- Student Mobility Report