To train experts in horticulture, who are able to manage and organize production processes of an enterprise, and perform basic professional management and advisory tasks; who are able to establish private self-supporting horticultural farms, and operate them economically; who have adequate knowledge in the field of distribution, processing and storing of products; furthermore who have adequate theoretical knowledge for continuing the training in the second cycle.
The Purpose of the Program
Program for training agrarian professionals in higher education, who is…
- aquainted with the Hungarian and European agriculture as well as with food industry,
- trained for modern professional skills based on comprehensive knowlegde in natural and social sciences,
- capable for the managment and organization of horticultural production lines and for leading horticultural enterprises,
- able to complete issues of the agrarian policy administration and for the tasks of a professional consultant,
- acquainted with the recent results of the profession and utilizes them in the practice,
- eligible for participating in master programs, based on his knowledge,
- capable to establish professional relationships with foreign experts with his proper language skills,
- intended to improve permanently his own attainments
- full time and correspondence courses
- trainings in full time course in Hungarian or in English language
- the study period is 7 semesters
- tuition fee in English language: 2000 EURO/ semester (2 semesters must be paid in advance)
- Fruit growing
- Horticultural biotechnology
- Medicinal plant production
- Nursery operations
- Ornamental plant production
- Plant breeding
- Vegetable growing
What the degree of a Horticultural Engineer is used for?
- for the establishment and management of individual or family enterprises in horticulture
- for holding a position of a manager or an executive manager in horticultural ventures
- for job opportiunities at organizations of agrar policy administration as well as at agrarian or horticultural companies
- for positions at professional associations or as a professional consultant.
How to continue after Bachelor Studies?
- one may proceed to master studies (MSc) in Hungary or abroad
- with MSc degree, there is a possibility to apply for doctoral (PhD) degree studies
- professional translator degree can also be achieved with BSc
- specialized professional knowledge is also available in postgraduate trainings